[PC-BSD Testing] Skype video is vorking?

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Feb 7 10:50:43 PST 2014

Ah, I did not know about that conflict, but installing from ports will
probably just give you the same conflict (since the package is just a
pre-built port).
I would recommend that you just download our PBI module for skype[1] and
build the PBI with EasyPBI really quick. It only took about 10 minutes
on my system, and 90% of that time was just downloading files. That
should let you install it without any of the conflicts.

[1] https://github.com/pcbsd/pbi/tree/master/modules10/net-im/skype

On 02/07/2014 13:38, Vladimir Vasilenko wrote:
> Thank's, Ken, but when I installed Skype, I get that:
>
> [jeltoesolnce at twin] /usr/home/jeltoesolnce# pkg install skype
> Updating repository catalogue
> The following 2 packages will be installed:
>
>          Installing linux-f10-dri: 7.2_1
>          Installing skype: 2.1.0.81_1,1
>
> and linux-f10-dri is conflicts with nvidia-driver (For me this driver is nvidia-304)...
>
> Vladimir.
>

> On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 13:19:18 -0500
> Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>
>> You can just install the skype package and the video worked for me.
>> The main thing I noticed (and that I remember from previously) is that
>> you need the 2.1 version of skype (the "skype" package), while the 2.2
>> version (the "skype-devel" package) has more issues with it.
>>
>> Just try running "pkg install skype" and it should work for you. Of
>> course, your mileage may vary depending on your webcam and other hardware.
>>
>> We should also have a PBI for skype coming out here soon. I built a
>> testing file with EasyPBI and it seemed to work just fine, I am just
>> waiting on the official/signed PBI to put into the AppCafe.
>>
>> On 02/07/2014 12:52, Vladimir Vasilenko wrote:
>>> Hello, if Skype is installed from ports that video will works ?
>>>
>>> Best regards.
>> --
>> ~~ Ken Moore ~~
>> PC-BSD/iXsystems