[PC-BSD Testing] pkg-static problems in 10.0

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu Feb 6 04:00:20 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm experiencing strange problem...after starting EasyPBI in order to
make custom package (one of the remaining things to finish with my linux
--> pcbsd migration), I noticed that after trying to select package from
the /usr/ports tree, EasyPBI Says: 'no packages available' which is
strange considering that I have freshly initiaalized ports tree.

Then I started update manager which shows some strange things:

[gour at atmarama] /usr/ports# pc-updatemanager branches
Available branches:
* = Current Branch
----------------------------------
9.1-RELEASE
9.2-RELEASE
10.0-RELEASE *

To change branches run: /usr/local/bin/pc-updatemanager chbranch <branch>
[gour at atmarama] /usr/ports# pc-updatemanager check
Your system is up to date!
[gour at atmarama] /usr/ports# pc-updatemanager pkgcheck
Updating repository catalogue
pkg-static: sqlite: no such table: pkg_annotation
pkg-static: sqlite: cannot rollback - no transaction is active
pkg-static: Unable to find catalogs
ERROR: Error 70: pkg-static update

So I wonder if you have any hint what's wrong with the system and any
workaround?

PC-BSD is great release, I'm very happy with all accmplishements, but
lack of (binary) packages/PBIs is PITA - so many things are missing and
I'm not inclined to e.g. build LibreOffice from the src. When will the
package tree become un-frozen?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is considered still further advanced when he regards honest
well-wishers, affectionate benefactors, the neutral, mediators, the