[PC-BSD Testing] https from jail

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 21:41:01 PDT 2014

I can ping the IP for Github and Drupal can check for updates and all the usual stuff, yet Drupal reports a general failure for HTTP requests in its status report, and the drush script utility that runs in PHP can't pull anything from Github.

I've just upgraded to PCBSD 10, so I'll do some more testing once I import the jail from the old system.  It could be a PHP misconfiguration.

...Jeff

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:05 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

On 04/27/2014 18:13, Jeff wrote:

>From a jail I can't pull anything from Github and I suspect it's because it uses https.
>>
>>I seem to recall that Warden jails block https by default.
>>
>>How to turn that off?
>>
>>Tnx,
>>
>>Jeff

>I don't think it blocks any outgoing stuff by default... Can you
    reach anything else outside the jail?