[PC-BSD Testing] cinnamon 2.0 issues

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Mon Apr 28 00:21:20 PDT 2014

On vr, 2014-04-25 at 17:46 -0500, Joe Maloney wrote:
> Koop,
> now that Gnome 3.12 appears to be merged in marcuscom ports is it safe
> for Kris to start pulling the new ports into PCBSD ports to replace
> Gnome 3.6 yet?  Or is there still more work to be done with the merge
> first?
> Joe Maloney

There are still a few things we would like to fix. And there might be
some problems that we haven't found yet. But overall I think it looking
pretty good. So if kris wants to put it in his experimental branch, go

Please be aware that gnome-shell is quite picky about acceleration (as
if that changed ..). And as you probably aware fallback mode is gone, in
it's place is a "classic" theme for gnome-shell itself. The selector for
this the little gear next to the login button when you have selected
your user in gdm. (which took me way too long to find..).