[PC-BSD Testing] How can I connect a smartphone through USB?

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Apr 18 09:31:06 PDT 2014

On 04/17/2014 10:26, Vladimir Vasilenko wrote:
> No, I don't see /dev/da*, I see appropriate /dev/ugen*.
>
> [jeltoesolnce at twin] /usr/home/jeltoesolnce# uname -a
> FreeBSD twin 10.0-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p9 #0: Tue Apr  8 21:08:42 UTC 2014     root at amd64-builder.pcbsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
> [jeltoesolnce at twin] /usr/home/jeltoesolnce#
>

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:05:37 -0400
> Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On 04/17/2014 09:47, Vladimir Vasilenko wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I try connect Philips Xenium W8510 as USB-Storage, the smartphone is not recognized like this:
>>>
>>> ugen2.4: <Philips> at usbus2
>>>
>>> What can I do?
>>>
>> Do you also see an appropriate /dev/da* device for the phone after
>> plugging it in?
>> Which version of PC-BSD are you using, and if 10.x, are you on the
>> PRODUCTION or EDGE package set?
>>
>> --
>> ~~ Ken Moore ~~
>> PC-BSD/iXsystems

The /dev/ugen* devices should always be mapped to some other /dev/* node
(/dev/da* for USB devices), so figuring out that "endpoint" device is
the first order of business. Do you have any da* devices listed at all?
If so, could you run "disktype /dev/da*" and see if one of those looks
like your phone?

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems