[PC-BSD Testing] Latest edge update 10.01 screwed my soundcard :-) Now I have a snake in my house :-)

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 02:04:54 PDT 2014

Hello Kris and team,

I downloaded the updates (edge) and after that my soundcard is hissing to
me :-) And I do not have a snake in my house :-)

I did test exaclty the same motherboard with Windows 7 and there was no
hissing to me :-) .

It is a Z87- I Pro Asus motherboard and sound is covered with the following:

   - Audio
   Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
   - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-recording, Front Panel Jack-retasking
   *Audio Feature :*
   - DTS Ultra PC II
   - DTS Connect
   - Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z87IPRO/specifications/

Can you get rid of the hissing ?  I do not want to scare any visitors :-)

Best regards,

Hans