[PC-BSD Testing] [for testing] PBI Run-time Update

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Apr 3 07:37:38 PDT 2014

Testers,

I've finished up the bulk of work on an upgrade to our PBI runtime
functionality. It removes FUSE and gets rid of all the kernel / mount
tricks we've been using on 10.0, and replaces them with a proper
userland implementation. I'm planning on back-porting this to 10.0.1,
but would love some additional feedback / testing before doing so. If
you want to help test, please do the following:

First, install the latest FreeBSD 10.0 Update to -p7, which fixes RTLD.
(Via system update util, or freebsd-update command)

Next, install the latest pbi-manager from Git:

% git clone https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd.git pcbsd
% cd pcbsd/src-sh/pbi-manager
% sudo make install

Lastly, reboot to clear out any old FUSE mounts, and just run your PBIs
as normal. If you run into problems, please give me as much detail as
possible, including error messages when you run the PBI from a shell.

Thanks!