Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Sep 27 05:50:19 PDT 2013

On 09/27/2013 05:29, Jacob . D wrote:
> Kris, it mounted fine and all applications work, except for app cafe ,
> which is a bit fussy at times!
>
> So, maybe just a warning , but here is the read out  :
>
> jdx at ix-971] ~% zdb | grep ashift
>             ashift: 9
>
> it has not been making correct path links for the lxde menu, for
> either 9.2 RC-4 or this 9-STABLE
>
> So far it is mostly red-eclipse(the FPS) and the media players, VLC
> and Umplayer, FreeTuxTV too!
>
> Chromium ,Firefox and opera install just fine.....but not on stable.
>
> strangely my ISP's Web E-mail(uses perl,java and flash) works
> perfectly on stable, but not on linux, windows-8 pro or anything
> else... :-0
>
> Excellent work, Kris and Team!
>
> :-D

Could you elaborate a bit more on what errors you are getting with the
AppCafe? Is it simply download issues, or is actually related to
installation/running the applications?
If the AppCafe itself runs into an error, it should pop-up a message box
warning you about the error that also has a little "more details" button
in the corner to let you see the actual error code (which would be useful).

Thanks!

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems