[PC-BSD Testing] BCM 4311 issues

craig edgmon bohdie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 12:30:53 PDT 2013

I have installed the bwn modules and have updated my loader.conf as per
several instructions in the forum.
I talked with dlavigne in the pcbsd forum and it was suggested that I post
the following information:

uname -r
9.2-RELEASE-p6

dmesg shows the following:
bwn_v4_ucode5: could not load firmware image, error 2
bwn0: the fw file(bwn_v4_ucode5) not found
bwn-open_v4_ucode5: could not load firmware image, error 2
bwn0: the fw file(bwn-open_v4_ucode5) not found
WARNING: attempt to domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()
fuse4bsd: version 0.3.9-pre1, FUSE ABI 7.19
pid 5087 (kwin_opengl_test), uid 1001: exited on signal 11
KLD bwn_v4_ucode.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch

It was suggested that it may be a firmware issue.

Thank you