[PC-BSD Testing] Change bootloader and login-problems GDM

Tobias Famulla dev at famulla.eu
Mon Sep 9 08:25:55 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have some issues with mit PC-BSD 9.2-Release installation on a
workstation.

First issue: We use a OpenLDAP-server to authenticate the user in our
network.
I configured the LDAP settings by hand as shown in the FreeBSD manual.
It works fine with sshd as configured in /etc/pam.d/sshd, but my
configuration in /usr/local/etc/pam.d/gdm works after changed, but is
overwritten after every reboot to its original settings without ldap.
How can I change the system to not overwrite the settings or config gdm
or kdm4 to use ldap.

Second issue: I have some problems during the boot process. The screen
blanks after the first lines after the bootloader and switches on, when
the X server starts.
I posted this issue here:
http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?p=109001#post109001
I wanted to disable the splash screen and use the serial console.
Someone in the chat told me, that this is only supported by the boot
manager, but not by grub2.
How can I change my bootloader after the installation?

Sincerely,

Tobias