[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.2 and GRUB

Darryl Lyle blue_phoenix316 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 08:22:54 PDT 2013

Yeah I pressed specifically the left-shift. I also tried changing the
timeout period. It some display issue, because when i changed the
timeout period the only thing that would display on the screen was a
count down. I have a USB keyboard, but it works for bios and I've never
had problems with it and grub before with Linux distros. I have other
issues too that seem to be resolved with this version of PC-BSD 9.2
kinda. I have a nvidia 660 gtx discrete graphics card. However, my cpu
is a i7-3770 which has a on-board Intel gpu. The BSD Kernel sees it and
thinks I have Optimus and I don't. If PC-BSD boots from grub it will
then let me use the nvidia graphics driver for X, however if I don't
boot from grub and use the FreeBSD boot loader without grub it won't let
me use the nvidia graphics driver and tries to use the Intel. I think
part of my GRUB issue is also a display problem because as I mentioned
in a previous e-mail if I disable the GRUB theme, I get a menu and
everything works fine.