[PC-BSD Testing] installation woes

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu Sep 5 22:24:35 PDT 2013

Hello,

my troubles attempting to install PC-BSD on my netbook as well as on the
desktop machines (both having ATI graphic cards) continues.

The installer is not capable to perform neither in normal nor VESA mode
and is failing with ACPI on as well.

In normal & ACPI mode, installer starts, but as soon as I move my mouse
pointer a bit it crashes.

I've tried all the images since the beta and the situation does not
improve at all.

The most puzzling thing is that since the very beginning of my failed
attempts to install PC-BSD, live-mode images work and bring e.g. my
netbook to the correct 1366x768 resolution along with 'radeon' driver,
so I'm not sure why you don't deploy live-mode mechanism for detecting X
setup which works while I see there are sufficient problems different
users have with installer?

Sincerely,
Gour

p.s. I sent post to the forums
(http://forums.pcbsd.org/showthread.php?t=20675) including the link
(http://imagebin.org/270021) to the image showing console after
installer crashes.

--
But for one who takes pleasure in the self, whose human life
is one of self-realization, and who is satisfied in the self only,