[PC-BSD Testing] latest image (was Re: 9.2 (08-16-2013 image) video problems)

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Sep 4 03:22:36 PDT 2013

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:45:35 -0400
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> It could be using different video modes for each. When you try the
> installer, have you tested using "vesa" mode at the boot-prompt?

Just to report that I tried with latest images (Sept 2nd) and same
behaviour: live-mode works, sets correct (max resolution) on my netbook,
while normal/ACPI-enabled/VESA modes all fails similar to previos
report.

I've tried with my desktop machine (HD4670 card) and same thing, so I
wonder if this set of images did receive some video fixes at all?

As soon as move mouse pointer, the connection to X server is lost and/or
installer crashes.

Any advice or I should simply give up my attempt to use PC-BSD at this
time although being puzzled that live-mode is works?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who works in devotion, who is a pure soul, and who controls
his mind and senses is dear to everyone, and everyone is dear to