[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD9.2-RELEASE after conversion from FreeBSD 9.2: AppCafe does not work

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Oct 30 07:21:58 PDT 2013

On 10/30/2013 10:09, productnews at hvf.ch - orion wrote:
> I converted a fresh FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE to PCBSD (see handbook p.
> 83-84). Everything runs Ok so far *EXCEPT* AppCafe, which is neither
> populated nor does it download any PBI's.
> I then copied the whole directory tree /var/db/pbi from a pristine PCBSD
> 9.2-RELEASE installation. Now I see the list of PBIs in AppCafe, but
> when I try to install one, it says:
>
>   FETCH: /www/opera/9/x64/opera-12.16_01-amd64.pbi
> Download Failed:
> ERROR: Failed downloading PBI
>
> /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf says:
>
> packagesite: http://pkg.cdn.pcbsd.org/9.2-RELEASE/amd64
> PUBKEY: /usr/local/etc/pkg-pubkey.cert
> PKG_CACHEDIR: /usr/local/tmp
>
> Any ideas?
> thanks, Harald

It almost sounds like "/usr/local/sbin/pbid" is either not running or is
not setup to look at the PC-BSD PBI repository.

I would first check to see if it is running (and add pbid_enable="YES"
to rc.conf).
If you are just missing the PC-BSD repository, then you can fetch the
*.rpo file from here[1] and use the AppCafe to add it the system repo
list (Configure->AppCafe Settings->Repositories).

[1] https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/tree/master/src-sh/pbi-manager/repo

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems