[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD9.2-RELEASE after conversion from FreeBSD 9.2: AppCafe does not work

productnews@hvf.ch - orion productnews at hvf.ch
Wed Oct 30 07:09:28 PDT 2013

I converted a fresh FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE to PCBSD (see handbook p.
83-84). Everything runs Ok so far *EXCEPT* AppCafe, which is neither
populated nor does it download any PBI's.
I then copied the whole directory tree /var/db/pbi from a pristine PCBSD
9.2-RELEASE installation. Now I see the list of PBIs in AppCafe, but
when I try to install one, it says:

 FETCH: /www/opera/9/x64/opera-12.16_01-amd64.pbi
Download Failed:
ERROR: Failed downloading PBI

/usr/local/etc/pkg.conf says:

packagesite: http://pkg.cdn.pcbsd.org/9.2-RELEASE/amd64