[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD testing - jail network interface

Randy Schultz schulra at earlham.edu
Mon Oct 28 04:52:17 PDT 2013

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, nr10232 at op.pl wrote:

-}
-}Hi.
-}How to change jail network interface?
-}I tried to use warden configuration options, but it didn't work (jail work only on external network interface; i changed it about 2 times, but system allways use netif used for external comunication).
-}I figured out to start jail with /etc/rc.conf (in file i specify witch netif it will use) but I suppose there should be better option.

IIRC when I did this I had to edit /usr/local/etc/warden.conf to make sure
the jail was created using the correct interface.  This was a few revs ago
though so YMMV, FWIW, etc.  ;>

--
 Randy    (schulra at earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
     - Siddhartha Gautama