[PC-BSD Testing] 9.2-RELEASE cannot find grub-install

productnews@hvf.ch - orion productnews at hvf.ch
Mon Oct 14 12:35:19 PDT 2013

Two USB sticks really showed errors when I dd'ed them. So I tried the
DVD. Here are my findings:

- I installed inside a Virtualbox on a pristine virtual disk -> no problem
- I also installed inside a Virtualbox into a multi-boot environment:
slices ada0s1 and ada0s2 are Ubuntu 12.04.3 64bit plus swap, and then
ada0s3 is reserved for PCBSD. The installation stops at exactly the same
spot as on bare iron, looking for (the non-existing) grub-install.

Conclusion: PCBSD9.2 cannot be installed in a multi-boot environment.
"Schade!". Is there a cure against this?

Regards

Harald