[PC-BSD Testing] life preserver

Axel Gonzalez loox at e-shell.net
Wed Oct 9 19:57:28 PDT 2013

I tried to setup life preserver.. 9.2 stable

Not usable... here is why:

- the only dataset it wants to backup is tank0..  I just want to backup
  $home.. it shows on zfs list, so can be snapshot'ed

- is either hourly or once a day.. if the backup is not run at 1 am..
  it will run at boot? otherwise the option is hourly (overkill)

- you need a compatible zfs to backup... i do have zfs.. but  this
  seems another overkill.. you can store the zfs into a file.. even
  compressed (even if it breaks incremental  updates)

Wed Oct  9 21:44:45 2013 GMT

         *
          ***
            ***