[PC-BSD Testing] PBI Failures

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Oct 8 07:28:05 PDT 2013

On 10/07/2013 18:38, Jacob . D wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a ton of games, via App-cafe.
>
> all the desktop icons get installed, none of the lxde menu kicker items?
>

> The PBI's affected are as follows :
>
> One in particular does not work AT ALL. this is BZFLAG, See below:
> BZFLAG 2.42_1   in particular gives this error in the terminal
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
>    Major opcode of failed request:  131 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
>    Minor opcode of failed request:  10 (XF86VidModeSwitchToMode)
>    Value in failed request:  0x28c
>    Serial number of failed request:  157
>    Current serial number in output stream:  159
>
> Other PBI's that work, but no lxde kicker menu icons,
>
> Emilla pinball 0.3.1_12
>
> Extreme Tux racer 0.45_1
>
> Gwelled  0.7_10
>

> MegaMario 1.7
>
> Never ball 1.5.4_5
>
> pacman arena 0.15
>

> red eclipse 1.4
>
> secret maryo chronicles 1.10git-201205012_3
>
> however when I click "add path links" (all users) it seems to place the items in the kicker menu.
>

> Just thought I would like to report this.
>
> Thanks for making such a great OS!

I am looking into these PBI's, but I am not seeing any definite reasons
that they would not show up in the application menu list. In your
AppCafe settings, do you have it set to automatically create the menu
icons after you install the PBI? What about creating the path links?

The Red Eclipse PBI was just fixed here recently, but it has not rebuilt
yet (the Ports tree is incredibly broken at the moment), so it will be a
little while longer before the new PBI appears in the AppCafe.
I am also manually triggering rebuilds of the other PBI's just in case
they are extremely old (built on pre-9.0) and just need to be re-created
to work properly.

I will be taking a look at BZFlag here soon, but would you mind creating
a TRAC ticket[1] for it so that I don't forget?

Thanks for the report!

[1] http://trac.pcbsd.org
(It is down at the moment, but it should be back up within the next
couple hours)

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems