[PC-BSD Testing] 9.2-RELEASE now available!

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 23:02:18 PDT 2013

Hi,

I installed 9.2 on a fresh Samsung 840 EVO SSD.

All went well but on reboot it hangs at: "Loading grub. Welcom to GRUB"

Doesn't respond to keyboard.

Any ideas?

----------------------------------------- DVD and USB images are now available for download at the location below: http://iso.cdn.pcbsd.org/9.2-RELEASE/amd64/ 9.2-RELEASE highlights
----------------------------------------- * FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE * Bootable ZFS Boot Environments  - Using GRUB2, any new ZFS boot-environments created via the "beadm" command will be added to the boot-loader and available at boot-time * Re-written Life-Preserver utility, will allow you to instantly create ZFS snapshots, restore files, and replicate data to a remote system or mirror to an additional local disk drive.  * Updated installer allows restoring the entire system from a replicated ZFS backup * New 'pc-bootcfg' GUI, Allows managing ZFS boot-environments and GRUB menus in a single location * PNGNG support - In addition to PBIs and the AppCafe, system admins and power users will now have access to a full PKGNG repository with frequent updates * Switched over to CDN for downloads - No more having to hunt for a closest mirror, downloads will automatically pull from our CDN service hosted by ScaleEngine  * New version of AppCafe  - New streamlining and
 PBI management functionality * GitHub Migration - All PC-BSD / TrueOS sources are now available via GitHub (https://github.com/pcbsd and https://github.com/trueos ) * Warden Updates - Support for setting various jail options via the GUI - Option to create jail "templates" based upon different versions of FreeBSD - Support for VIMAGE jails - Jails without any IPV4 or IPV6 address assigned * Graphical PKGNG manager - GUI supports basic or advanced mode, which allows full package management / upgrades * Home directory encryption - PEFS based encryption, allows users to encrypt their home-directory contents with their login password, which is only unencrypted while logged in * Boot times improved substantially * Binary "freebsd-update" server implemented allowing updates to different PC-BSD branches without re-compiling UPGRADING
--------------------------------------------- Users who are still running the original 9.1-RELEASE from January 2013 or earlier version, will need to backup their user data and install 9.2-RELEASE fresh to take advantage of the new ZFS features / Boot-Environment support for 9.2.  Users who are running a 9.1-Rolling-Release may online-update to 9.2 via the system update manager. If the update fails to install, please be sure that your system packages are up to date before trying again. (Control Panel -> Package Manager -> Updates) !!! WARNING !!!
As with any major system upgrade, please be sure to backup critical data beforehand.  Get Involved
--------------------------------------------- Want to help out the PC-BSD project? Discuss a feature or part of the system? You can do so by joining us on our Forums! PC-BSD welcomes new contributors, testers, or simply feedback on how a particular piece of hardware works with BSD. http://forums.pcbsd.org Reporting Issues
--------------------------------------------- Found a bug? Please report it, in as much detail as possible, to our Trac database: