[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 9.2-p8 issues compilation

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 00:33:03 PDT 2013

2013/10/3 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>

>  On 10/03/2013 09:32, Yuri Momotiuk wrote:
>
> Hi
>
>  Current PC-BSD 9.2-p8 issues compiled in single mail:
>
>  1. (missed functionality/regression) Flash plugin is disabled by default
> for user (again). 'flashpluginctl on' should be executed on user creation
> (by both first boot UI and user manager)
>
> Where are you seeing this occur? It seems to work "out-of-box" here when I
> make the inital user.. Do you have anything special about the username you
> are creating?

User was added by first boot ui. User name was 'yurkis' (w/o quotes).

>  2. As I saw in -p8 update details VIMAGE support was removed from
> GENERIC kernel and seems like Warden jails with VIMAGE support are not work.
>

> This is correct. For the time being, if the user wants to run VIMAGE jails
> they will need to compile it in. It is still causing kernel panics on a LOT
> of systems.
>
>  3. pc-pkgmanager translation is not present on pootle server
>

> Just added them now, should appear online in 24 hours.

Thanks!

>  4. (missed functionality). Installer and/or first boot ui is not set
> system locale the same as selected language
>
> This is something I do need to fix still. I'll take a look.

Thanks again!

>  5. xbmc meta package can't be installed (samba36-nmblookup from xbmc
> dependencies is conflict with installed samba36 package)
>

> Yes, this is a problem right now with the xbmc port upstream... I'll have
> to ping the maintainer, see if the dep can be changed.

 Using samba-nslookup instead of full samba package is reasonable when
FreeBSD is using as standalone media center. We can just add patch to port
while pc-bsd package building as temporary solution. We can just replace
samba36-nmblookup by samba36 or add switch in port configuration.

>  PS. Guys, what way to make bug reports like above is preferred for you?
> On mail list, Pc-BSD using trac or using github? From one side mail list
> looks faster and more simple, but some reports may be lose. From the other
> side bug tracker need more attention.
>

> Mailing lists are good, but bug-tracker is really the way to go, so that I
> don't miss anything when my inbox gets really full.

In that case we need to keep bug tracker clean (review all tickets to set
correct state).

--
Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk