[PC-BSD Testing] Nvidia does not work in 10-Stable

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Nov 20 17:26:24 PST 2013

On 11/20/2013 16:54, Jacob . D wrote:
> When I run any GLX Accelerated games in 10-Stable I get this message on the terminal :
>
> [jdx at qax1168] ~% neverball
> Shared object "libnvidia-tls.so.1" not found, required by "libGL.so.1"
>

> Also, when I try to install from ports or the official Nvidia Tarball , I get these errors :
>
> [jdx at qax1168] ~/Downloads/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-331.20% make install
> ===> src (install)
> make[1]: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.kmod.mk" line 12: Unable to locate the kernel source tree. Set SYSDIR to override.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/home/jdx/Downloads/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-331.20
>
> Clearly the kmod files are there , but for some reason it can't or doesn't see it?
>
> Can any one confirm these errors?
>
> I think it's nothing more than a Linking error....., how do you fix it?

This is from a PBI right? I fixed this Git last week, to grab the fix do
this:

# fetch -o /usr/local/sbin/pbi_info
https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/raw/master/src-sh/pbi-manager10/pbi-manager
# chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/pbi_info
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/pbid restart

Once it restarts, those 3d apps should just start working.