[PC-BSD Testing] Nvidia does not work in 10-Stable

Jacob . D frag-artists at cox.net
Wed Nov 20 13:54:17 PST 2013

When I run any GLX Accelerated games in 10-Stable I get this message on the terminal :

[jdx at qax1168] ~% neverball
Shared object "libnvidia-tls.so.1" not found, required by "libGL.so.1"

Also, when I try to install from ports or the official Nvidia Tarball , I get these errors :

[jdx at qax1168] ~/Downloads/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-331.20% make install
===> src (install)
make[1]: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.kmod.mk" line 12: Unable to locate the kernel source tree. Set SYSDIR to override.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/home/jdx/Downloads/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-331.20

Clearly the kmod files are there , but for some reason it can't or doesn't see it?

Can any one confirm these errors?

I think it's nothing more than a Linking error....., how do you fix it?