[PC-BSD Testing] Flash randomly stops working

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 10:26:08 PST 2013

Ah, I think that may already have happened. I updated pkgs last night and when I rebooted the problem vanished.

Thanks!

On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:34 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

>Update your packages and re-run flashpluginctl off / on. There are
      some fixes that just went out yesterday. If it keeps failing, try
      running chrome/ff from the CLI and see if any weird flash errors
      are being printed out.

>On 11/20/2013 11:00, Jeff wrote:
>
>Huh,
>>
>>No sooner did I write this and Chrome and FF just started
        working again.  I don't get it.  I didn't change anything, same
        videos, same bat channel...

>>On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:18 PM, Dejamuse <dejamuse at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>Can't figure out for the life of me why I continually have Flash problems on all browsers.  Running 9.2.
>>>
>>>Now for some inexplicable reason it no longer
                      works in Chromium.

>>>On Youtube I invoked the HTML5 preference but
                      Chrome still complains it needs Flash.  Ditto in
                      Firefox.

>>>I tried: flashpluginctl on but that didn't work.
>>>
>>>There was a "fix" I found that involved some stuff
                      in FF settings; about: something or other - don't
                      recall, which helped but now it's acting up again.

>>>In FF, embedded Youtube videos only occasionally
                      work.

>>>Any ideas why this keeps happening?
>>>
>>>Why is it that Ubuntu never has this problem?  I
                      can run Ubuntu in a Virtualbox environment on the
                      same machine and it always works.  PCBSD is
                      supposed to be able to run Linux programs in
                      compat mode, so why doesn't this just work?