[PC-BSD Testing] Flash randomly stops working

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 08:00:44 PST 2013

Huh,

No sooner did I write this and Chrome and FF just started working again.  I don't get it.  I didn't change anything, same videos, same bat channel...

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:18 PM, Dejamuse <dejamuse at yahoo.com> wrote:

Can't figure out for the life of me why I continually have Flash problems on all browsers.  Running 9.2.

>Now for some inexplicable reason it no longer works in Chromium.
>
>On Youtube I invoked the HTML5 preference but Chrome still complains
    it needs Flash.  Ditto in Firefox.

>I tried: flashpluginctl on but that didn't work.
>
>There was a "fix" I found that involved some stuff in FF settings;
    about: something or other - don't recall, which helped but now it's
    acting up again.

>In FF, embedded Youtube videos only occasionally work.
>
>Any ideas why this keeps happening?
>
>Why is it that Ubuntu never has this problem?  I can run Ubuntu in a
    Virtualbox environment on the same machine and it always works.
    PCBSD is supposed to be able to run Linux programs in compat mode,
    so why doesn't this just work?