[PC-BSD Testing] Flash randomly stops working

Dejamuse dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 22:17:52 PST 2013

Can't figure out for the life of me why I continually have Flash
problems on all browsers.  Running 9.2.

Now for some inexplicable reason it no longer works in Chromium.

On Youtube I invoked the HTML5 preference but Chrome still complains it
needs Flash.  Ditto in Firefox.

I tried: *flashpluginctl on* but that didn't work.

There was a "fix" I found that involved some stuff in FF settings;
about: something or other - don't recall, which helped but now it's
acting up again.

In FF, embedded Youtube videos only occasionally work.

Any ideas why this keeps happening?

Why is it that Ubuntu never has this problem?  I can run Ubuntu in a
Virtualbox environment on the same machine and it always works. PCBSD is
supposed to be able to run Linux programs in compat mode, so why doesn't
this just work?

Tnx,

JC