[PC-BSD Testing] Issues after installing latest iso

Priyadarshan testing-pcbsd at bontempi.net
Fri Nov 8 13:39:51 PST 2013

Hi,

I am meeting three issue after having installed (three times now) the
latest ISO:

http://iso.cdn.pcbsd.org/9.2-RELEASE/amd64/PCBSD9.2-RELEASE-p9-11-03-2013-x64-DVD-USB.iso

1. Setting ZFS set name at install time

Note: I have two disks which I set up as as a mirror a while back, with:
zpool create -o ashift=12 tank mirror ada0 ada1

The option to give a name different from the default "tank" seem not
work. If I check the button and input some name, the "next" button does
not highlight.

If I leave the button unchecked, the set name given at install time is
"tank1", not "tank", which seem logical, since I already have a "tank"
setup.

2. At install time I selected the nvidia driver, since I have an NVIDIA
NVS 310 card.

At setup time, I can see the initial card choice is displayed correctly
("nv"), although the resolution is wrong (1024x768, I believe).

When I try to adjust the resolution (1920x1200), X does not recognise my
card. It almost seems that the driver is not there? I tried many
different choices, with no success.

In my previous install (FreeBSD 9-STABLE-p9 #0: Sat Sep 14 01:02:17 UTC
2013) the card and resolution were properly selected, automatically.
Right now I am stuck with the generic driver, at 1024x728.

3. It seems that I can't see my old mirror ZFS set anymore. It does not
shows up in zfs list, nor zpool status. Only the freshly install set
shows up.

Could it be that FreeBSD-RELEASE-p9's ZFS version is lower than FreeBSD
9-STABLE-p9?

How do I go about getting that set back?

At this point, unfortunately, I am unable to use my system.

Priyadarshan