[PC-BSD Testing] CURRENT/HEAD

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Fri May 31 08:11:37 PDT 2013

On 05/16/2013 22:57, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Sha'ul <shaul at lavabit.com
> <mailto:shaul at lavabit.com>> wrote:
>
>     Is there no images for CURRENT? I thought there was going to be
>     both rolling releases and current based on 10-HEAD.
>
>     Apparently I should install HEAD instead of stable because of code
>     changes needed to support my wifi driver so I am looking to
>     install a snapshot based on 10.
>

> I am also REALLY wanting HEAD snapshots, or at least the build scripts
> to roll a HEAD snapshot... is there a wiki or a HOWTO somewhere on how
> to build a PC-BSD image?
>
> Sam Fourman Jr.

One thing at a time first :) I'm just about to release the -STABLE
branch stuff. We will see how that goes, then we can evaluate whether
doing a -HEAD rolling release is feasible. My biggest concern is that
-HEAD is often breaking packages, and PC-BSD doesn't work so well
without all the various desktop bits compiling properly.