[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD non out-of-box items

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed May 29 06:55:19 PDT 2013

On 05/28/2013 19:16, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 5/29/13 12:23 AM, Ken Moore wrote:

>>> I will take a look at this. I am willing to bet the Minecraft PBI
>>> just needs to be rebuilt with newer versions of the LWJGL libraries.
>>
>> Actually, you probably just need to re-start Minecraft after that
>> login. There is a notice that the first time you run the program it
>> will crash after downloading libraries from the Minecraft server
>> (because they are linux libraries), and you just need to restart the
>> program after that to replace those libraries with the Freebsd ones.
>>
>> I just installed it here and after that initial crash/restart it all
>> worked fine.
>
> no I restarted the whole machine..
>
> crashes as soon as I log in with my son's mojang account..

Does it perform any downloads before it crashes?  If not, you might want
to try removing your ~/.minecraft directory and then retry (should
download stuff after logging in, then go to a black screen ->I.E.
crash). Then restart the app again and see if it works.

Could you also let me know what architecture you are on? My test was on
9.1-RR 64-bit.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems