[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD non out-of-box items

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue May 28 09:14:53 PDT 2013

On 05/25/2013 07:15, Julian Elischer wrote:
> The following items failed the "out of box" test in PCBSD9.1++ on a
> Lenovo W530.
>
> Minecraft PBI  (I have kids ok)   crashes after login.

I will take a look at this. I am willing to bet the Minecraft PBI just
needs to be rebuilt with newer versions of the LWJGL libraries.

> Firefox PBI.. youtube fail.. asks for a new flash player (which will
> obviously not work)

We have noticed/talked about this on the forums as well. It seems to be
the combination of Firefox/Youtube that is causing this issue, as other
browsers or websites work with the flash player just fine. Some people
reported that turning on the HTML5 support in youtube will fix a lot of
these issues.

> Power management...  seems to use power a lot faster than Windows..
> and get warmer
>
> suspend..  may suspend,, hard to tell because you cant see what's
> going on when you unsuspend.. (integrated (intel) graphicics)
> Nvidia seems to just fail on start but I wil try it again just ti be
> sure.
>
> on restart after suspend screen is white with small coloured spots.
> like rainbow measles.
> in X, <CTL><ALT><F1> doe go away from the X but does not go to the
> console. you get what looks like a negative of the X screen (different
> colours) but with corruption.
> <CTL><ALT><F9>  does correctly revert to the X11 screen, cleaning up
> the trashed screen.
>
> Sound by default selects the wrong sound device. selecting the right
> device by hand works and stays correct.
>
> Generally an ok  install but for the above items.
> VirtualBox seems to work fine which is the item I was really worrying
> about,
>
> Julian

~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems