[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD non out-of-box items

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Sat May 25 04:15:04 PDT 2013

The following items failed the "out of box" test in PCBSD9.1++ on a
Lenovo W530.

Minecraft PBI  (I have kids ok)   crashes after login.
Firefox PBI.. youtube fail.. asks for a new flash player (which will
obviously not work)

Power management...  seems to use power a lot faster than Windows..
and get warmer

suspend..  may suspend,, hard to tell because you cant see what's
going on when you unsuspend.. (integrated (intel) graphicics)
Nvidia seems to just fail on start but I wil try it again just ti be sure.

on restart after suspend screen is white with small coloured spots.
like rainbow measles.
in X, <CTL><ALT><F1> doe go away from the X but does not go to the
console. you get what looks like a negative of the X screen (different
colours) but with corruption.
<CTL><ALT><F9>  does correctly revert to the X11 screen, cleaning up
the trashed screen.

Sound by default selects the wrong sound device. selecting the right
device by hand works and stays correct.

Generally an ok  install but for the above items.
VirtualBox seems to work fine which is the item I was really worrying
about,

Julian