[PC-BSD Testing] 9.1 updates failing consistently.

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Thu May 9 00:16:18 PDT 2013

I've reinstalled this machine several times (not because of problems
but for unrelated reasons)
but one thing I've noticed is that in all the installs it has never
been able to download a single update.
It knows they are there but just can't get them..
any suggested tweeks?  log files to  look at?
under 'select mirror from list' it just says:

"  <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect()[<a hre "

oooh late breaking news... setting a manual mirror of
ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/snapshots
allowed them to proceed.

but the FreeBSD Security Update  patch will not go away..
won't install and won't go away.. just loops around between
"looking for updates" and reporting that same update again and again.

  Says it is the update for the linker hints bug.
will try reboot and try again....  nope still stuck..

mirror list is still borked though