[PC-BSD Testing] aarghh

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue May 7 23:22:18 PDT 2013

Something with graphics in PC-BSD 9.1 just sux and noone wants to address
it. That phenomenon happens with most graphics adapters. Plus on GUI mode,
you cannot access the console using ctl+alt+Fn - the screens appears to get
corrupted and freezes.

On 8 May 2013 05:39, Julian Elischer <julian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> so got my new lenovo W530 up and installed..
> graphics going fine.. all looks good.
>
> comes up..  puts a little window up (screen s in 1920x 1080 mode) saying
> "your screen is has been configured for 1920 x 1080.. do you want to keep
> this setting?"
>
> well, it's in that mode now so yes I want to keep it..
> so click on "yes" and screen goes black and never comes back..
> !@#$%^&  why didn't it just leave it alone?
>
> What's the difference between teh 1920 x 1080 (intel_3d) it was using to
> ask the question and the 1920 x 1080 it decide to go to that doesn't work?
> if I run the display wizard it correctly test that mode and asks if I want
> to keep it. if I hit "yes". I'm dead. any idea as to what is different
> about the setting being tested that work and the setting that don't work?
> It is possible the system has actually crashed as it doesn't repond to a
> quick poke of the power button or to CTL-ALT-BKSPACE..  if I say 'no' and
> then turn off the 3d, then it works.
>
> is there something magical about the mode it's testing with that allows it
> to work?

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223
"I can't hear you -- I'm using the scrambler."