[PC-BSD Testing] aarghh

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Tue May 7 19:39:57 PDT 2013

so got my new lenovo W530 up and installed..
graphics going fine.. all looks good.

comes up..  puts a little window up (screen s in 1920x 1080 mode) saying
"your screen is has been configured for 1920 x 1080.. do you want to
keep this setting?"

well, it's in that mode now so yes I want to keep it..
so click on "yes" and screen goes black and never comes back..
!@#$%^&  why didn't it just leave it alone?

What's the difference between teh 1920 x 1080 (intel_3d) it was using
to ask the question and the 1920 x 1080 it decide to go to that
doesn't work? if I run the display wizard it correctly test that mode
and asks if I want to keep it. if I hit "yes". I'm dead. any idea as
to what is different about the setting being tested that work and the
setting that don't work? It is possible the system has actually
crashed as it doesn't repond to a quick poke of the power button or to
CTL-ALT-BKSPACE..  if I say 'no' and then turn off the 3d, then it works.

is there something magical about the mode it's testing with that
allows it to work?