[PC-BSD Testing] Active Directory

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 19:53:47 PDT 2013

Actually PCBSD has this feature listed here.

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Active_Directory_%26_LDAP

After further testing I found out that it does sort of work.  After the initial boot nothing happens I just see my local user.  But if I wait for fast boot to finish starting network services, etc I can log out and GDM will show all  of the users in my active directory.  I could then log as a directory user and it worked one time.  After the initial login I get a message saying that no kerberos servers are amiable.  If I turn fast boot off I can get the full list of users every time.  However I still cannot log in.  I will have to do some more testing some time.

Joe Maloney