[PC-BSD Testing] Updating with Update Manager - HOW?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 09:15:53 PDT 2013

Happy Easter everyone,

I am trying to update my PC-BSD using the Update Manager. It believes it
should be going to 9.1-RC, but it cannot find the image and so tells me to
check my network settings or change the mirrors. Unfortunately, even my
System Manager does not launch - keeps crashing when I try. Perhaps that
has something to do with the fact that at some point I manually compiled a
kernel on this system.

1. Is there a way to accomplish this upgrade in such circumstances?
2. If not, is there a way to upgrade past 9.1-RC?

I have tried getting the rolling release by
editing /usr/local/share/pcbsd/pc-updatemanager/conf/sysupdate.conf and
changing my PATCHSET from pcbsd-mu to pcbsdtest in which case it doesn't
find any System Upgrade package. It only finds package updates, but which
also fail to install.

I'd really want to avoid hosing this system by using a DVD to upgrade!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,