[PC-BSD Testing] Rolling USB flash installer errors

Maxim Kostikov max.kostikov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 23:09:10 PDT 2013

Hi!

I trying to install on fresh Lenovo All-in-One C200 system a new rolling
version of PCBSD (PCBSD9.1-RELEASE-03-06-2013-x64-USBFULL.img) and
faced with a few problems.
First. When I booted from USB flash I got this system message:
> GEOM: da0 geometry does not match label (255h, 33s != 255h, 63s)
> GEOM_PART: integrity check failed (da0, BSD)
> Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/usf/PCBSDUSB [ro, noatime]
> mountroot: waiting for device /dev/ufs/PCBSDUSB ...
> Mounting from ufs:/dev/usf/PCBSDUSB failed woth error 19
After googling I found a temporarily  fix - to
> set kern.geom.part.check_integrity=0
> boot
in boot prompt and boot.
Process goes more far then in first time but breaks with a new error
> Starting file system checks:
> mount: /dev/ufs/PCBSDUSB: R/W mount of / denied. Filesystem is not clean
- run fsck.: operation not permitted
> Mounting root filesystem rw failed, startup aborted
> ERROR: ABORTING BOOT (sending SIGTERM to parent!)

I thought that fsck run will fix filesystem inconsistency but got this
> # fsck -f /
> fsck: Could not determine filesystem type

How can I fix this and finally install PCBSD 9.1?

--
Best regards,
Maxim V. Kostikov