[PC-BSD Testing] confirmed problem with TrueOS

W. Anderson wanderson at nac.net
Fri Mar 22 11:41:44 PDT 2013

_/*On three (3) separate (clean) installs */_of TrueOS  from PCBSD 9.1
64-bit DVD, the Ports tree was "not" installed, even though I checked
box for Ports and Sources.

The integrity of DVD was checked OK.

After installation, I was _/unable/_ on two (2) of the three installs to
downloads ports tree - via "portsnap fetch" , with error message that
all the attempts to connect to any relevant FreeBSD mirrors _/"failed"/_
.  The one success on connection  as performed no differently than others.

Also_/on all three (3) installs/_, my setup of jail was successful,
following the Warden command line instructions, but the jail _/was not
accessible/_ from any other computer on my network. The/_host _/was
accessible, via ssh login and via ping.

Are these bugs in TrueOS configuration or FreeBSD 9.x or both?

_/*Note:*/_
On several occasions in past years or so, I have successfully installed
PCBSD (8.0, 8.x) with Jails, and FreeBSD 8 with a jail, so the
experience is not unfamiliar.

Any help in overcoming these problems is greatly appreciated.

W. Anderson
wanderson at nac.net