[PC-BSD Testing] TrueOs - no user, no root password

Oldi Morava oldi.backup at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 12:45:52 PDT 2013

This is a virtual machine installation with 20G hard drive. The installation completes all the stages without a problem. In the end I get the finish box with “Your system is now installed! Click Finish to reboot...”.

I can’t login as a normal user. I can login as root but it doesn’t ask my root password.

/etc/passwd doesn’t list the user that I created during the installation.

I tried to install TrueOS from the 9.1 standard iso using exactly the same VM settings and user details. This is successful. I don’t get any of the above problems.

I have repeated this few times and unfortunately I get the same result.

Thanks