[PC-BSD Testing] SMB Shares from KDE PCBSD

Torsten Eichstädt torsten.eichstaedt at web.de
Mon Mar 11 13:10:42 PDT 2013

Am Montag, 11. März 2013, 12:00:01 schrieb Alexander:
> [...] when I open a file Dolphin first download it to /var/tmp/kdecache-
> user/krun and only then open it.

I remember from Linux, that some operations could not be done on remote FS.
Very likely this is not only a Linux problem.  Thus the behaviour you see
might be a work-around.

> In Kubuntu all works fine.

Maybe they have patched KDE to do what you expect, e.g. remember the path to
the original file.  They apply a lot of patches AFAIK.

When you open a movie from a SMB share directly with your movie viewer, not
via Dolphin, does it behave ok?
--
=|o)