[PC-BSD Testing] Testing the Rolling Release from original 9.1

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 15:50:33 PST 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> Anybody who want to help us out testing a system update from the
> original 9.1 -> 9.1-RollingRelease can now do so!
>
> To start the process on your system edit the file:
>
> /usr/local/share/pcbsd/pc-updatemanager/conf/sysupdate.conf
>
> Change the line:
>
> PATCHSET: pcbsd

> PATCHSET: pcbsdtest
>
> After this is done you can just run the update manager gui, or
> pc-updatemanager command to apply the update as normal.
>
> Please let us know any feedback you have with the patch, so we can
> bugfix and improve it.
>

> Known Issues:
>
> Once the desktop is re-installed, there is a bug in the online update
> tray notifier which isn't showing if new packages are available. I'm
> currently investigating.
>
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> iXsystems

There are the following problems :

(1) The following server is responding very slowly and many times the web
browser is displaying
"Server not found" message :

ftp://mirrors.isc.org/pub/pcbsd/

(2) The following file is installing well , booting , showing the splash
screen , then asking screen size correctness and  then it is crashing :

http://mirror.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/pcbsd/9.1-RELEASE/amd64/PCBSD9.1-RELEASE-02-20-2013-x64-DVD.iso

The same problem was in the previous file mentioned  in the page on date
February 14, 2013 at 4:54 am :

http://blog.pcbsd.org/2013/02/status-update-and-future-plans/

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk