[PC-BSD Testing] Nvidia 210 Issue(dmesg results)

Jacob . D frag-artists at cox.net
Sun Jun 30 10:10:39 PDT 2013

Hi I am only able to see "NVRM" messages if I install the latest beta driver, but for the one included and installed by the control panel does not give me such a message, instead it simply says:

vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0xcc00-0xcc7f mem 0xfa000000-0xfaffffff,0xd0000000-0xdfffffff,0xce000000-0xcfffffff irq 18 at device 0.0 on pci1
nvidia0: <GeForce 210> on vgapci0
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_io
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_io

So I don't why the two would be different?

I am using dmesg -a at the command line terminal.

Also, when using the "real" nvidia driver it gives the system a "purplish" looking buttons and check boxes, almost violet maybe

And the screen flickers upon boot, but the video wizard is only accessible via using vesa other wise all I get is black screen with a 3D Grey cursor, after a  minute or so it reboots, with leaving any more, than what I just listed

am I supposed to using a different command to see the different demsg logs between boots?

Let me know if I am doing this correctly.

Thanks!