[PC-BSD Testing] ZFS - /root seperate filesystem

oldi.backup at gmail.com oldi.backup at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 16:28:35 PDT 2013

I recently did a new zfs install using UBS image. Different from previous installs done from CD iso I found that now I get also a /root filesystem.

NAME                              MOUNTPOINT
tank1                                legacy
tank1/ROOT                     legacy
tank1/ROOT/default        /mnt

Recent install
NAME                              MOUNTPOINT
tank1                                legacy
tank1/ROOT                     legacy
tank1/ROOT/default        /mnt
tank1/root                         /root

Is the addition of a separate tank1/root filesystem a mistake? It is a bit odd for that to be set separately. Will this new order of filesystems create problems with beadm?

Thanks