[PC-BSD Testing] Is trueos the new rolling release?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jun 5 18:09:08 PDT 2013

On 06/05/2013 20:24, Joe Maloney wrote:
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/staging/9-TRUEOS/amd64/PCBSD9-TRUEOS-05-07-2013-x64-DVD.iso
>
> Is the rolling release going to be trueos from now on?
>
> Joe Maloney

Here's the current plan:

We will have two rolling releases, both updated with new packages twice
monthly.

The first, will be based upon the last -RELEASE, so in this case we are
testing 9.1-RELEASE RR.

The second will be called 9-TRUEOS, and is based upon 9-STABLE. In
addition to getting new package sets, it will also be updated to the
latest version of -STABLE monthly. This will allow users to get new
FreeBSD features, drivers and such in a more timely basis.

The images on the mirrors are for testing now, but I'm hopeful they will
stabilize in the next few months, and then we will "promote" them to an
officially supported release.

BTW, people keep asking about -CURRENT builds and I'm considering it.
Once we work out all the kinks with -STABLE && -RELEASE we may then
start a -CURRENT track as well.