[PC-BSD Testing] Very nice artwork on the new 9.1 and coming 9.2 CDN rolling release; Thanks for that and more

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jul 31 07:14:55 PDT 2013

On 07/31/2013 03:30, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 7/31/13 3:08 PM, Hans Ruhe wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I do not know who is responsible for the nice desktop art but I have
>> to thank him/er for that !
>> It looks very sophisticated and futuristic, very nice ! Thank you for
>> that !
>>
>> Also Kris, Ken and team, thanks for the possibility for encription
>> with 9.2 Stable rolling release, it is a very nice safety feature !!
>>
>> Also thanks to whom cleans the offices from Kris and Kenn, these
>> people are working hard and mostly forgotten ! It is important work
>> too ! Do not forget that !!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Hans

> So I still don't know how to find out what exact revision/branch my
> PCBSD is now at after random updates over the last 5 months. How can I
> find out?
> can we have an "about this pcbsd" entry soemwhere that reporst patch
> levels etc?
>
> and is it true I need to totally reinstall for 9.2?

It should be in Control Panel -> About, it'll list something like
9.1-RELEASE-pX or something.

If you are running ZFS already you may be able to upgrade directly to
9.2, but you'll need to do a "grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg" to
get the new Boot-Environment support working. Just depends upon how old
of an install it was.