[PC-BSD Testing] Rolling-Release and 9.2-BETA1 announcement!

Hans Ruhe hansruhe1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 12:22:52 PDT 2013

Hi Josh, Lars and Kris,

I tried the Freebsd 9.2 Beta 1 AMD 64 and after going to the first screen
where you can choose how to boot, I choose the first option again (default
) just like I did with the PCBSD version and strangely enough it booted
normally ! So there is something wrong with the PCBSD CDN 9.2 Beta Stable.

I used the one here below as Kris announced as the word Stable was
appealing to me :-)  I really hope that it will work.

Kris I hope it is helpful, but I do not understand completely why the PCBD
version has this error and the Freebsd version does not. Otherwise I will
try downloading it again, I made a fresh install of another OS as well.

Highlights for 9-STABLE

* FreeBSD/TrueOS 9-STABLE (Running 9.2-BETA1)

* Binary "freebsd-update" server implemented for -STABLE, allowing
monthly updates to a newer -STABLE release without re-compiling

* All the features listed for 9.1-RELEASE above also apply to 9-STABLE

So no problem with Freebsd !

Best regards,
Hans