[PC-BSD Testing] Rolling-Release and 9.2-BETA1 announcement!

Josh Smith joshms at pcbsd.org
Fri Jul 26 10:52:21 PDT 2013

OK This is what I found a few things on the freebsd mailing list and
forums.
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/InEhyfZI2M8tX0Sbaxzc.

Best I can tell it has something to do with the xsave cpu function being
incorrectly defined for some processors by the kernel.  My knowledge is
very limited on this, can you give us a hand Kris and let us know if
there is a workaround we can find?  I've noticed from my research this
is happening to many linux users as well. One person suggested using a
different cpu definition or is there a way Kris that xsave can be
disabled on systems with this issue to see if that is the cause of the
problem?  I'm really unsure how that would affect performance if at all.

Just talked with Kris on the phone about this as he is travelling at the
moment.  He says more than likely this is something the FreeBSD guys are
going to have to fix.  Would you be willing to install their latest
image and see if it has the same issue for you?  At least we would be
able to isolate it that way and know where to look more.  If I find out
anything else I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Josh