[PC-BSD Testing] Unable to create new jails(Rolling Release)

Francis Ridder francis.ridder at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 07:42:10 PDT 2013

I have had this problem since I did a reinstall and changed the ZFS layout.
It seems that if the location where the jails will live is on a different
zpool creating a brand new jail does not work. Importing will though. Here
is my pool setup:
http://pastebin.com/dBx3DhDs
And here is the error I am getting:
Building new Jail... Please wait...
cannot open 'jails/usr/jails/.warden-template-9.1-RELEASE-amd64 at clean':
dataset does not exist
ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone

If I try to manually create that dataset and snapshot it will create the
jail but not correctly(missing files, won't start up etc)