[PC-BSD Testing] Installation fail with custom mount points

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jul 23 10:15:47 PDT 2013

On 07/22/2013 18:03, nemysis wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have used for install
>
> PCBSD9.1-RELEASE-p15-07-19-2013-x64-USBFULL.img
>

> Disk Selection Screen
>
> Used naturally 'Advanced Mode'
>

> Have added
>
> /usr/local/ports --> needs for my work on FreeBSD Ports
>
> and some other mount points needed for NFS.
>

> Can't adjust settings (compression..) for this custom mount points
> as for normal mount point which are default.
> This have i used before with UFS PC-BSD installation good.
>

> Get message that /usr can't be clean unmounted and fail installation.
>
> With default settings for ZFS installation is fine.
>
> Later i look how to add custom mount points which i need.
>
> Please resolve this that with custom mount points install good.
>
> Best regards,
> nemysis

Just fixed this in GIT:

https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/commit/3f8cc132f2d72197f6109e7525fe1b66a6bcbc85

The problem was that you probably forgot to create the parent /usr/local
dataset. The backend will check for this now and automatically create it
with "canmount=off" to that it stays apart of the next explicitly
created parent dataset.