[PC-BSD Testing] question about fetching /usr/src in rolling release

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 09:45:11 PDT 2013

I've been noticing that the gui tool in pc-controlpanel now seems to fetch
the source for multiple versions.

Here is what I see under /usr/src after fetching.

2.0.5 2.1   2.2   3     4     5     6     7     8     9

Due to this virtualbox will not build from ports as it expects source for
the running kernel to be under /usr/src/sys.  Is this normal or to be
expected?

The reason I bring this up is that virtualbox will not compile from ports
unless I specifically fetch the source for the release I am running under
/usr/src rather than in a subdirectory like /usr/src/9 as it expects to
find /usr/src/sys.

Joe Maloney